Tuesday 31 January 2006

Secrets...

It's been about 4 weeks since I began WW and for some reason, I have been a bit cagey about telling people. I mean, the anonymity of the internet has made it very easy to write about it in my blog, but telling people who I see and speak to on a daily basis has been another issue.

I haven't told my mother and I suppose she would be happy for me, but I guess I've noticed that the last few years, she has never been that excited for me whenever I've had something I consider big news. It makes me wonder whether she used to purposefully make a big deal about things or whether she's stopped caring because of something I did. Maybe I make it too difficult for her to care anymore, I really don't know.

I think I've become less tolerant as I've become older. I'm not big on idle chatter, and I'm not big on many phone calls in one week about sometimes inane and not very important tidbits. I know I should be more tolerant with my mum, she is the only one I have, after all. And I know sometimes she is lonely and needs to talk to someone, but it gets a bit much when she phones three times in one night, doesn't leave a message when I don't answer and when I call back, thinking it's urgent, it's just to see how I am. Anyway, I'm going to try and be tolerant, but god it's bloody hard.

Anyway, I haven't told my mother and I have told other friends I'm doing WW, unless of course they read my diary. I figure that's plenty people and honestly, I have that much support both at home and at work, the need to tell others is irrelevant. I'm doing well and I'm focussed on losing the weight, so the extra support, although would feel fine, is not warranted.

Now, it's almost time for bed.

No comments: