Saturday 14 January 2006

eBay oddities...

I swear, you meet all types of dickheads, morons and snots on eBay. But then again, the majority are quite pleasant and easy to deal with.

Since Christmas, I have been listing a lot of items, from videos to VCRs, DVD player and TVs, as well as various other things. In that time, I have met one pleb who bid on my item, wouldn't communicate and then sent me a message saying he had decided not to pay and 'tough luck'. So, I wrote back and said tough luck to you, I'm reporting your ass! Another one purchased an item just before Christmas, promised to put the money in on 23rd December. I was still waiting for her to respond to two very polite emails asking what was happening. On the 29th so I wrote her a polite email saying that although Christmas was busy etc, she could have atleast responded to my emails as she had a responsibility. She wrote back and got snooty with me and then left a 'neutral' comment even when I left a positive one. Nice one cow.

Honestly, people just don't care anymore, they don't feel like they need to be accountable when they are face to face with the person they are dealing with. I swear, I've been nothing but polite, but sometimes you just wish people wouldn't waste your time. And then there are times that you wish you could withhold the item, just to fuck them over.

Tonight, I had a moron send a question in about the VCR I am selling. He starts it with, "Hey pal" - I'm nobody's freakin' pal! And then ends it with "Let me no (sp)". Yeh. I really want to take this twerp's money, let him come to my house and try to be civil with this turd?

On that note, time for bed! And honestly, I'm not in a bad mood, not even remotely. Just sometimes, I wish I had a $1 for every moron I seem to deal with - online and in reality! :)

On a side note, a big hello to Sonnet who is having baby #2 - good luck with Iris! And a hello to Margie who is suffering from the cold in Stockholm! Also, a big hi to Buzzaroni in the US - I have a little present for you which I will send shortly! :) And a thanks to Di and Ragan for sending her nice message. :)

And lastly, because I don't seem to know when to end a post, or how to introduce it! Anyway, it's apparently delurking week and I've been kind enough to say a big hi and howdy to the people who've asked for lurkers to delurk, so why don't you make me feel a little less lonely here in blogworld and send me a hello, where you are from and why you read. The third point, you don't have to comply with, but it's kinda cool to know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

People don't care anymore. Even in the Ebay community... people were afraid of being nasty because they didn't want negative feedback. Now, they just don't pay, and don't worry about it. Drives me nuts!

Margie
Buzzaroni

Anonymous said...

*laugh* You know who I am. You know where I live!! And I read you every single day because I miss you too much otherwise. I swear I wish we didn't live so far across the planet from each other.

Anonymous said...

I found your site through a comment on LaLaGirl.

Yeah, I'm dealing with the same thing with somebody on eBay right now. She bid on my item, never paid and it turns out she bought the same item from somebody else the day before my auction ended--would've been nice if she had retracted the bid on my item. Now, she's ignoring me totally and the item I was selling is no longer selling for what it was at that time. I hate people like that.