Thursday 18 August 2005

I am a credit to my gender...

LIsten up girls. Hear this. You are reading the blog of the Best Female Bowler at yesterday's bowling event at the AMF! To prove it, I have enclosed a photo for your viewing pleasure. Impressed? No? Of course you are, you're just jealous of my cardboard trophy, topped with my lovely bowling ball-like balloon!! Contain your excitement. I scored a total of 213 from two games of ten pin. It's not a huge effort, I don't think - not compared to the pros!

Anyways, I am sitting here, viewing Temptation, with a snoring dog sleeping on my foot. She had a huge walk today - well, it was 20 minutes, but with her little legs, that's huge and of course, it was plenty for my poor body! I am attempting to exercise each day to keep the circulation flowing and to insight some weight loss - OF ANY KIND@!

Today was pretty productive at work for me, only because I was finalising my induction meetings, so caught up with a few people, who droned about their divisions, blithered about the programs they ran etc. Don't get me wrong, these people were perfectly fine, the things they were explaining were very integral to my role, but after nearly two weeks of information intake, I am experiencing tried and trusted Information Overload. I am completely over it. So, I booked myself in for a 10 minute massage tomorrow! Yes, our work brings in a masseuse to massage our weary muscles. Nice huh? I could get used to this place and it's only my second week. Not to mention the fact that I got paid today, so the bank account is looking healthy again. Not for long with the rent coming out today! Grrr.

In other news, we got hot water today. this might sound weird, as we have been here since February, but we've had a faulty hot water system which never really ran truly hot. Of course, we had decent showers, but the water is scalding now! It's fabulous. I was so inspired, I started washing up dishes tonight and was amazed at the fact that I was burning my hands! It was fantastic! No more greasy lunch containers! It's fabulous!!

Ok. Enough of that. Time for some relaxation and to get warm. Yay for tomorrow is Friday and then my weekend starts! My friend Susan from my previous job is coming over to visit with her husband and their dog, Jasper the Black Cocker Spaniel. Should be a nice meeting, as young Clio will meet another friend and they can play silly buggers. Oh, the joys and fun of my life!

1 comment:

Di Gallagher said...

keep up the walking, for both you and clio will reap the rewards!