Thursday 4 August 2005

The chop...

I feel today had potential to turn out quite bad, but because of how I made decisions, I actually had a pretty cool day.

You see, I had booked myself an appointment with a new hairdresser. I usually go to another in Richmond, but because I have moved so bloody far away from this suburb, I have moved everything closer to home. I've had to move my chiro etc too, so it's nothing new to me. Anyways, I walked into the salon this morning, it was pouring outside and it sucked. So, I fell through the door and made a scene doing it, people looked at me and I kinda stood there for a second, waiting for someone to acknowledge me. No one did, so I sat, figuring someone would come up to me. I waited and waited and I thought, this really bites. I have never gone to a hairdressing salon without being greeted and asked if I wanted coffee etc. I waited for 15 minutes before anyone bothered to say something and even then, she barely acknowledged my presence. When i started huffing and carrying on, another lady noticed me and asked me if I was Samantha. Of course I am! Anyways, it is finally revealled that I am waiting for my hairdresser to arrive, as traffic is murderous and she is stuck in it. No one bothered to tell me. I find out later than even though she called at 9.30 to let them know she would be late for 10am, no one bothered to call me. Anyways, several times I really felt like walking out of the salon, cutting my losses and hopign to hell someone else could cut my hair today.

I stayed and I was rewarded. I met my new hairdresser, Lisa. Lisa is quite bubbly and friendly, without being overbearing. She had fresh ideas about my hair and was shocked when I said I'd never gone the dark colour that she had proposed. She was shocked when I said no one wanted to let me grow my hair! She was all for it, so I was so pleased, I'm in love with this girl!

Anyways, I've uploaded some photos of my hair to my flicker page, so feel free to click on the flicker site to the right and see. I was feeling quite happy and jovial, so forgive me, as it's not an accurate representation of me ;) just kidding.

I can't remember if I blogged yesterday, I have no memory of it, so I would hazard a guess and say I haven't told you about my tax windfall! I got a huge tax refund yesterdya, thanks to paying too much tax this last financial year and also oweing to the fact that I have overpaid my HECS debt - which is now, no more!! WOOOOT! So, we've decided to sock half of it onto the mastercard and almost pay that off and the other half will go to our savings account for one the big question is popped and then we have money for a ring. Cool, huh?? No, I'm not married. That might be news to you fine readers. Stay tuned....

Ok. Off to relax and enjoy the rest of my evening. Might have some more photos tomorrow when Clio meets the creek which lives near our house. She's a fine water baby, so I think she'll be into that water so fast, I'll have trouble getting her out.

No comments: