Wednesday 17 August 2005

Bay City Bowlers....

My day at work kinda went like this.

I arrived. I did some work. Met with some people. Did some more work. Read some more documents.

We had a lunch at work. It was free. Chicken, salad, chips, spring rolls etc. It was huge.

We went back to work. I worked. I joked with colleagues. I stuffed around a bit because I didn't have much to do.

And at 3.30pm, we all packed up and made our way to the local ten pin bowling club and bowled for two hours, free finger food and drinks, and trophies and prizes.

What a way to spend your work afternoon!! I had a ball and even scored high in the first game - let's not talk about the second.

Anyway, my point is, my new work colleagues know how to have fun, how to balance the work with the fun. It's nice to see and actually be a part of. Of course, tomorrow we are all back at work, back doing the things we get paid for, but that's ok with everyone.

**********************************************************************************

Anyway, I can't be buggered making a new diary entry, so here I am. My friend, P alerted me today to something very startling. Clio is overweight. She is a big pumba! And it's true! I've been overfeeding, overindulging my poor dog! So, Clio and I are both on diets of sorts. In order for Clio to lose some weight, I have to stop feeding her dog biscuits in the morning with her wheat biscuits and milk. I just wish dieting was that easy for me!! Just stop eating biscuits! Dammit!

So, we went for a big walk tonight. All in all, about 40 minutes worth. Poor Clio was buggered after it and collapsed on her mattress outside the door. I'm feeling ok, though my poor pudgy knees could use a replacement for the next walk. But tomorrow, we shall walk again, and the day after that.

It was nice to sit down tonight and watch Idol and see Anne make it through the to the final 12!! I was so excited and I've never met her. I'm pleased to see a rock chic get through and the other guy is damned lucky to get into the top 12.

Oh yeh, yesterday I received my ebay parcel from the seller in the US. I purchased a reprint of Marcel Duchamp's Nude Descending Staircase. I have been in love with this painting since discovering it in Year 11 Visual Arts. I have been keen to own it since then. There's nothing like looking at an abstract piece of artwork and finally seeing what you are meant to see. It's hard to explain without showing you the piece. Hopefully the print I have attached will do it justice. Anyway, I'm totally wrapped in my new acquisition and shall be heading out this weekend to purchase a frame for it.

Ok. Time to finish up. Unfortunately, because I didn't get out at lunch today, there's no photos. Maybe tomorrow. Tonight, I rest and watch Spicks and Specks.

Oh yeh, before I forget! Eating went well today. I did succumb to the red rooster chicken, pasta, chips and spring rolls, also the little nibbly things at the bowling alley. So, ok I didn't eat too well today, but you know, I bought Diet Vanilla Coke, so that makes up for it, right? And I walked for 40 minutes today, so that's good, right??? I haven't eaten chocolate today and I've not really missed it, though I could go some Gaiety biscuits - they are my biscuit of choice right now! *sigh*

1 comment:

BwcaBrownie said...

You give your dog milk? Does it affect her bowels - I thought dogs could not digest milk?