Wednesday 4 May 2005

Inflicting pain for a good cause...

A little under three years ago, I entered the world of contraception bliss - Implanon. It saved my life and sanity. I don't react well to the pill, I get emotional, shitty and moody, plus all the other effects. I apparently have too much estrogen as it is, so having extra with the pill made me a monthly bitch - like I could be worse. So, anyway.

Today, I had my implant out and received a new one. You see, the old one was wearing out. The old one let me have at least 12 months without a period, it then let me have periods every three months in the second year and over the past 6 months, my periods have been very erratic, to the point where I hit boiling point recently because I've had a period non-stop for over 2 months. It's not the most ideal way to live and cruels the sex life! So, my arm has been anaesthetised, cut open, reefed at and prodded. So, my arm is wrapped up in a constrictive bandage to limit bruising and pain. Except that my arm is suffering from pins and needles, so I'm going to have to take the bandage off and rebandage it.


So, that was my day. Guys, are you suitably put off reading my diary? Girls, are you suitably put off getting this implant? I figured.
Two more days of work and I can't wait. It was one of those days I'd rather not relive. I don't think I have anything more to say. Goodnight :)

1 comment:

Di Gallagher said...

Implanon works with progesterone, doesn't it? Which I guess levels out your estrogen, or at least matches it or whatever. I remember you always had way more trouble than us other girls with this sort of thing, though I do remember Tracey Croll was the worst. She would bleed for weeks and weeks. And being such a strange family, they let it happen.