Friday 13 May 2005

Friday the 13th...

Ok, I am not superstitious. I never have been. But today, I had reason to be. I woke up and thought how tired I was. I had slept badly and had a stiff neck for it. Got off the train in the city, walked across the road to my building. Didn't more than half way before I stumbled over a big hole in the ground and my ankle cracked, groaned and made all sorts of horrible noises. I stumbled into work with tears streaming down my face and could not put weight on my ankle for a few hours after. It's almost 8pm and my ankle is still killing me, but I can atleast walk on it. Sorry, I'm hobbling! It's just not my day!

To top it off, I had to buy an etag tonight to go on the tollway. I get onto the voice automated service and try to say my number plate. This isn't the plate number, but it was like TIQ949. I say it, the voice comes back and says, "PIQ959". I persevere and it continues to get it wrong. Then it tells me to use the international alphabet, you know, A for Apple, B for Bravo etc. So, I say, T for Tango etc etc. It mistakes the T for Tango for an S for Sarah. What the fuck?? I started to lose my cool and by the fifth time, I tell it to fuck off and you know what it says to me? "I'm sorry, was that a yes or a no?". I hang up and come to my senses, purchasing the etag online.

Now, I must go get ready to pick up Di from the airport!! YAY!!!!!! *BOUNCE*

No comments: