Wednesday 11 May 2005

Hump Day...

It's Wednesday, thank god. Monday and Tuesday were quite nice, largely because my boss was out of town and it was a bit quieter at work than normal. And, because yesterday was my birthday. The big 2-9. Almost 30. Weird, huh? As a child, I was desperate to be an adult. By adult, I mean something like 22 or so. Now, I am like one of those 'old' people that I dreaded! Not dreaded so much, but I kinda felt that it was old, like responsibility, kids etc. Now that I am close to 30, I feel pretty good actually. I don't feel old, I don't think I have ever felt old, except for those days when I haven't had enough sleep or have done too much strenuous activity! You know, you're probably going to hate me but I don't have any grey hair! Every time I go to the hairdresser, I ask him to check. So, whether he's humouring me and then applying the hair dye, or being genuinely honest, I dunno.

So, my birthday. It was an ok day, as far as days go. I mean, I was at work for crying out loud! So, I worked on my birthday and I didn't do much else, which is pretty boring of me, but then I am close to being an old fogey! Last night, we went out to this restaurant on the south eastern side of the city - I happen to live about 5 minutes from this place - Michaelangelo's. They are a newly found pizza, pasta, steak and seafood place. they're pretty well known in the area, I think. We stuffed ourselves, gave Glen shit - as you do and then toddled off home. We had chocolate cake with purple-coloured chocolate icing! Yum. And then, presents! We likes the presents. Ever since I was a kid, I have loved and lived for presents. I love surprises. It's kinda like the other end of the spectrum compared to seeing a horror movie. You know, the anticipation etc. Anyways, I digressed. I got a dog rearing book and some stuff for my palm pilot. So, combined with the camera, it wasn't a bad birthday!

So, this weekend is coming! That means, I'm going to the airport. Why am I going to the airport? Because the ass-pummelled girl is arriving from Brisbane. Don't ask about the ass pummelling, it's just one of those things :P This weekend also means seeing my lovely little puppy and picking her. I can't wait. It'll be two weeks til I get her. *bounce*.

Anyway, sorry for the boring entry. My life isn't very interesting right now. My life consists of no car and waiting for the end of financial year sales to buy a Honda CRV, waiting for puppy, waiting to go on holidays, waiting for Di to arrive. My life is built on waiting.

1 comment:

Di Gallagher said...

Waiting waiting waiting.

It's what life is made up of and prevents us from suicide!