Sunday 15 May 2005

The good and the not so good...

I had such an awesome weekend. Di arrived on Friday night and we chatted for ages before going to bed. She delivered her birthday present to me. A whole stash of doggy things - bowl, toys, hot water bottle etc. It was way too much, but it was very sweet. I shall attempt to post a photo of the goodies. We spent yesterday at the Melbourne Zoo, which was fun. Lots of interesting and quirky animals, but my favourites were the butterflies and the meerkats. Unfortunately, my digital camera ran out of batteries before I could get some nice piccies of the meerkats. Di was fortunate enough and I am hoping she might share her piccies with me. The highlight of the day was to see a Sumatran Tiger getting fed and to see the lions rolling around lazily with each other, chewing and pretending to maul each other. The negative part of the day, being ever so careful not to aggravate my sore ankle, only to find another uneven part of the ground and crunching my ankle again. I fear that I will be taking the day off work tomorrow to attend a doctor and probably get an xray. It's a pain in the $%^#!.

It's funny. Seeing Di again, this time as an adult was as I expected. Di hasn't changed very much and is still the same endearing, but devious person I always knew. A wicked sense of humour and laugh to match. However, as much as she would like to keep the mood light and full of laughter, there is a serious, wise side to her, which I remember. She's become a grown up, but I think begrudgingly ;) If she had her way, she would be the eternal child :)

Unfortunately, she was not able to be around when I picked Clio. It was a bit of a shame, but I have taken photos, so you can all see. Clio is 7 weeks tomorrow and already she and her fellow puppies are quite large -
pumbas, I call them. I really wanted to collect her next Saturday, but Glen made me wait the extra week, as planned. I'm so taken with her, I'm desperate to bring her home, play with her and see her grow. I'm like an expectant mother, it's disgusting!

Anyways, I've got the ice on my ankle, all elevated and sore, watching Attack of the Clones. This movie was by far, Lucas' worst. One scene has really nailed it for me. The scene where Ewan McGregor goes into the bar/cafe to quiz the owner about something he found. What made Star Wars unique was because it was that - like nothing else we knew, it was unique. It resembled nothing we knew. Now, this cafe reminded me of a New York cafe/bar. A Queens cafe waitress and a big fat greasy old guy owner. It's a bit stereotypical and off-putting. I'm also disturbed about Yoda. His speech in Star Wars was disjointed, but not always. Now, Lucas has gone overboard and everything Yoda says is disjointed and it's grating on my nerves. I never knew why I didn't like these new movies, but I guess it's been narrowed down tonight after their revelations. I'm holding hope for the new movie. The adverts in the cinemas look promising, in fact I think Lucas has done a better job on the special effects and hopefully, the storyline.
Has anyone seen it? Time to log off. I tired!

No comments: