Friday 5 May 2006

The verdict...

Apparently I'm good enough, I pass the grade.

I got the job.

I got the phone call this afternoon, after thinking that I would have to put together a whitepaper and then present on a topic for verbal presentation. However, the National Manager had seen enough, he was impressed enough not to care about having two references, instead taking one reference from my old manager, who is also being considered for a role with the company!

So, I'm pretty happy because I am almost at that stage where my name precedes me, where I am sought after and where my writing talents are sought after. I am wanted!! I am talented!!

This comes after having a bit of a run in with my manager today. I told her that despite what she thought, I was not incompetent and that she needed to understand that it's hard being new into the role. Anyway, I am fairly certain that nothing I said made a lick of difference to her. She thinks what she wants to think and I don't think she heard a word I said really. Stuff her. Early next week, I'm telling her to stick it.

Yay! We're going to celebrate!

No comments: