Thursday 11 May 2006

Fuck, fuck, FUCK!

Argh. Today hasn't been the best of days.

I saw the oral surgeon this afternoon, having prepared myself for the reality of having my top wisdom teeth out in the chair at a later stage. However, it's not to be and I have been promptly booked in for full dental surgery on Tuesday morning. Apparently all my wisdom teeth must come out, even though the bottom ones haven't given me any cause for concern.

I've never had surgery before, never had a general anaesthetic before. It's all rather scary for me. And then he tells me to be prepared for taking a week off work. Argh!!!

Capitalising on my misfortune, my new work has finally got the contracts organised, so they should be sent out to me tomorrow and they shall be emailed to me also. So, what am I supposed to do? Ask for sick leave next week and then drop the bomb? That's not fair, is it? I mean, I have sick leave oweing to me, but doesn't that kinda look like I am taking advantage of her/the company? I feel very dreadful about it and I know that if I ask for sick leave tomorrow and I get given it, I'll need to give notice on Monday - the day before my operation! How does that look?

I could use some sound advice here guys. Please?

2 comments:

Di Gallagher said...

The problem is is that you wont exactly be able to get leave from the next job straight away, will you? I guess it's just a case of unfirtunate timing. I would just come out ans say "I know this looks a certain way and if I were you, I would think that I was being very unfair, but unfortunately this is howthe timing has happened. I would like to make the effort to try and come to work, but the reality is, i probably wont be able to."
I found that once I started getting really honest with bosses, they started getting normal.

Margie (and Fae) said...

I agree... I'd be honest. there's really nothing you can do about it.