Sunday 14 May 2006

A new world of opportunity...

Yesterday, I partook in some retail therapy. We walked past some shops that I wouldn't normally look at, but my friend being of a smaller size, stopped to look. Anyway, she was picking out some track suit pants which were on special and I noticed my size on the rack. This is odd for me because only 'big girls' stores stock my size - well, other normal stores do, but their sizes are infinitely smaller than what they say they are, so I never pay them any attention. Anyway, I looked at the track pants, pulling them off the rack and realised they were very close to looking my size. I bit the bullet and for $15 each, I purchased two pairs. I got home and OMG, they fit nicely!

It was my first shop at a 'normal' store since I was a kid. Pretty pathetic, right? That I actually bought clothes at a store other than my usual haunts - the sum total of 2-3 stores - that's my usual option of clothing stores.

Anyway, D-Day tomorrow, or should I say R-Day (R is for Resign which won't be music to my manager's ears). Experiencing all sorts of panic attacks about it, plus the day after with my operation. I hate losing control, and it's all so apparent I will be losing that control. Scrooge humbug. I think I'll have an early night.

Also, we have pulled up the carpet in the spare room and have exposed the floor boards. Photos have been taken, but I'm too tired to bother uploading. I'll have plenty of spare time this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck for today and tomorrow! (though i know you don't need it and i have every faith in the fact that you'll come out the other side just fine) :)