Wednesday 10 May 2006

Happy Birthday to meeeee!

Unfotunately, I had to work today, but you know, that's how it pans out. I was woken this morning by Glen and arrived in the kitchen to receive this. Yay for me :) We made brilliant chocolate malt milkshakes tonight, which was grouse :)

Anyway, it was the big 30 for me. At least now, I might remember how old I am when people ask. That has been a problem for me for the last 2-3 years. I am told that 30 is a good year. It makes me wonder what this year will bring if it is to stand out as a good year?

Still no contracts for the new job. Apparently my contracts are circumnavigating the pipeline of red tape throughout the organisation. I am told that this is normal and that something will arrive tomorrow or Friday. Regardless, they are fully aware that until I get my hands on those contracts, I aint offering my resignation. This has made the HR girl push harder, as well as the manager dude that I am partly replacing - he wants to take extended leave to New Zealand to go bike riding!

In other news, I am certain that my manager has bipolar. Yesterday, she was the epitomy of vicious, vile and snotty. Today, she was sweet, caring and giving - so giving, she told me to finish off my task and go home from work early! Argh. This was after I initially had a dental appointment scheduled for this afternoon and when I asked he about taking the time off last week, she made me tell her when I would be making this time up - suddenly, today I get to go home early without making it up! Hot and cold, dammit.

Our house renos are progressing. The floor is all up (photos yet to be uploaded), and this weekend, we have the flooring sanding dude coming to quote and arrange a time. Once that is organised, we will rip the kitchen out, the pantry must go (we will need to remove the false ceiling from the pantry and reposition it level with the real ceiling!) and then rip up the carpet, pack the house up and make sure we've got somewhere to stay. No mean feat.

Alright. Time to sign off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :)