Saturday 13 May 2006

Retail Therapy...

I bought this today (click on link above). A bit of retail therapy never hurt anyone, especially since I am going into surgery on Tuesday.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who sent their advice about the surgery and resignation. I have organised my time off from work and will tell my manager on Monday morning that I have decided to leave. It's the best I can do and it's what I feel more comfortable doing.

In other news, got a phone call from my old manager from a previous job. The conversation went a little something like this: "Hey Bill!", Bill says, "Hi Sam, it's your boss calling..." Wooooot!! He got the manager job, so we're getting the band back together. I'm stoked!

I dropped my forms at the hospital today and spoke to the admitting nurse who calmed my nerves a bit by explaining what will happen. She has even said I can get a calmative before the procedure, so I am not panicking before I go under. Thank god for drugs!! I'm basically going to wake up with a mouth packed full of shit, an ice pack on either side of my mouth, all wrapped up with a bandage around my head - you know, just like on TV!! You know of course, if I am up for it, I'll get Glen to take a photo just for everyone's amusement. I may not be amused, but you know, you can't pleased everyone!

Anyhow, I am suffering a serious case of hives right now - possibly brought on by the antibiotics I had been taking! So, I'm off to take some sleepy drugs and go to bed shortly. Right now I'm just existing with everything happening, so I am hoping that after the operation next week, I'll be more alive.

No comments: