Sunday 30 April 2006

Don't read if you want to keep nice, pleasant images of me...

I have debated for a while with myself as to whether to discuss this topic with the greater web community and I'm still not sure about it. So, this post could be up for 24 hours, or up for 3 days, or more.

What I'm talking about is hemorrhoids. They are evil, bad bad things.

I confess, I had my first one a couple of years ago. It freaked me out, but it has been relatively good and hasn't bothered me, until yesterday. It sucks really, because it's become more of an issue and has *clears throat* protruded a little, which is unnerving and uncomfortable. And now, there's nothing I can do about it. I have since learned that I am a bit predisposed to it, having discovered my mother and grandmother also got them fairly easily.

So ho hum. It sucks. I'm uncomfortable and feeling rather sorry for myself. I feel cranky at myself for letting it get this bad without taking any notice of it. It shits me a little that I have ignored my body and its needs, because I could have avoided this by taking better care of myself.

Now, I have pain at both ends today, as my wisdom tooth is giving me grief. My mouth feels so swollen and I'm afraid I'll have to go see the dentist to discuss extraction. Grrrr.

I'm falling apart. Put me down now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After pushing two kids through my cooter, trust me, I feel your pain. It's so unpleasant. Does anything (diet, water, medications) help to make them go away for you? I hope you can find something to make it all more bearable!

Anonymous said...

i suffer the same fate each time i get a bad cold and take codrals for more than a day or two and get all stuffed up on the inside. my sister got them from going to the loo too much after going a little overboard on a low-GI diet or something. the last thing you are is alone.

i have one word for you (that helps me a lot): fibre. i eat all bran or an equivalent for breakfast and dinner until it makes it easier and less painful to go to the loo.

i'm with sonnet, i hope you find something that does the trick for you.