Wednesday 26 April 2006

Today in the news...

I'm going to be brief today, because I have a lot of stuff running around in my head and I'm trying to relax so I can go to bed and not have another night of no sleep because I couldn't shut my mind off.
  • I had an interview today. It appeared to go fine. However, it turns out my former boss is also going for the manager position that this role reports to. Could be interesting. Would love to work with my old boss again. He's expressed interest in working with me again. Who knows.
  • I had my doctors appointment today also. It appears I have a sinus infection which is creating the headaches, so have been told to get some sinus type drugs into me and to drink lots of water. I have taken second dose of drugs tonight and honestly, don't feel any better. Doc gave me a certificate for today and tomorrow.
  • I will be going to work tomorrow, but if I am not well, will just head home again.
  • I spoke to my mother tonight. Seems she has inherited a nasty set of neighbours who throw broken bottles over the fence and other things such as dirty sanitary pads etc. They are apparently drug dealers and frequently have late night parties. Her neighbours, although outwardly say they will stick together and call the police, have yet to deliver. They are spineless. Unfortunately, this is indicative of the town that my mother lives in and she is at the point that she is going to call the real estate agent who left his card in her letterbox today and ask him to sell her property to leave town. We are throwing out ideas on where she can move to, what she can afford in property etc. I'm worried about her.
  • It's all kind of happening all at once for me. Am trying to take it all in my stride, but it's hard.

No comments: