Wednesday 5 April 2006

Update

Visited the doctor last night and told her about my woes. She didn't need any convincing and told me to book a double appointment to get the implant out next Thursday. She's convinced me to take this new pill called Yasmin. No idea whether it'll work out, but the doctor told me that I should persevere for a few months. Anything's gotta be better than this crap.

Presently, I'm still suffering headaches. They come and go, but it feels like they are always in the background. Thankfully I've been able to get enough proper sleep to feel rested the last few days, but during the day, I feel worn out. Especially today, so I took off an hour early and came home to rest. I felt good earlier, but now it's back with a vengeance. Can't win right now. The joys of being a female. You guys have it easy in comparison, though I am certain there are things you deal with that we females managed to avoid.

In other news today, a little quirky story for those of you who enjoy hearing about Clio's antics. Besides the fact that Glen has hooked up a video camera to the back yard and often checks up on Clio bouncing around the back yard, we developed this routine to get her to follow basic commands at training. Our trainers told us to incorporate sits, drops, stands and free commands into her routine for receiving her dinner. It's worked well in getting her to understand standing, as she was struggling. So, we usually tell her sit, stand, free, eat. It's become such a routine that she's knows it by heart. So, we've been changing it to things like sit, drop, stand, sit, free, eat. Today, I placed her food down on the ground and as I looked at her, she sat, stood, sat, dropped, stood and was so close to her food, she could lick it - but she didn't eat it until I gave the eat command. It was classic. Clio was going through the motions, watching me for approval, but didn't need me to verbally give the commands! I wished I could videotape it!! I'll try next time.

No comments: