Thursday 27 April 2006

Another update...

Today, I was back at work, much to my disappointment. However, my manager seemed to ease up on me and didn't pile the work on like she has been. Perhaps she felt bad because I sounded a bit crap. This helped. I was a bit croaky today and a bit snotty, so was pleased to be plugging the not-sud@fed drug into my system.

Anyway, I got the all-important phone call this morning from the HR person from the job I had an interview for yesterday. I have been shortlisted for a second interview on Monday afternoon after work. Yay for me!! Unfortunately, my colleague hasn't heard back from them. Because of my experience, I'm almost an obvious choice to shortlist and I dare say, others will be considered based on other merits. Hopefully she will get the call.

The other thing which has me feeling conflicting emotions. Mum called the real estate agent today. Turns out that the agent didn't put his card in her mailbox without reason - a local person has expressed interest in mum's house. So, the agent has made an appointment to go around to see her house next Friday - once mum can clean it up!! He's going to offer a valuation on it. Very interesting.

Mum has had more grief with nasty, shitful neighbour. Last night, his god-awful dog climbed the fence and attacked one of mum's dogs, because this morning she realised that Molly had bite marks on her neck. Mum is mega pissed and has again reported her neighbour to the council pound officer, who has since threatened the owner with a lot more than empty threats. So, I guess things are getting rather serious for mum and she's making a real effort to get out - not empty threats.

I have memories as a child of mum threatening to move us out of town. First, she wanted to move us to Armidale, then it was Bathurst, then it was Armidale again and now, it's almost real and neither of those towns. And no, I'm not going to mention names of where she is thinking, but it's not Melbourne - but closer.

So, it's become one of those weeks! I feel like I need a semi-break. All through this, we're trying to finalise the plans for our kitchen and work out where the money will come from for the flooring etc. Thank god it's Friday tomorrow and thank god on Monday, my manager won't be around at work. So, some peace. It sounds dreadful, but our work ethics/styles are so different.

Also, does anyone have any good references for cat boarding in Melbourne? Come on you lurkers! De-lurk and help me out here! Reciprocate! I offer spectacular blog entries which are both captivating and stimulating; the least you could do is offer a little advice in return? *laugh* I'm off my head. Maybe it's the sinus drugs...

1 comment:

Di Gallagher said...

Cessnock! Canberra! Albury!

err

Dubbo?