Thursday 8 June 2006

Write Marketing...

There aren't many causes that I strongly believe in and support, but gay civil rights is one of them.

Why?

Because why should we, as self confessed Christians (which I was once more qualified to say than now - hello, living in sin!) pass judgement on these people? What would Christians say if gays and even non-Christian folk judged them for their religious convictions and withheld what is considered basic human right? What is the rest of said population prohibited Christians from marriage and recognised unions because of their religious beliefs?

Just a thought.

I was brought up not to judge others and in some way, it was to do with my wholesome, sheltered and somewhat rural/regional upbringing. However, I never knew to distinguish between a person whose origins were from China or from Vietnam. To date, I cannot tell. I grew up with an substantial Aboriginal population. I knew that difference, but I didn't learn what the other differences were that others believed were there. I had Aboriginal friends, I went to school with them and in some cases, I did not realise that some of my close friends actually had ancestry within the Australian Indigenous community.

The only thing I object to is when some self-proclaimed Christians knock on my front door making me wish every time, that I owned a fully lockable front fence. I hate people who peddle their wares in my life. I have made a choice and although it's nice to advertise, please don't telemarket to me - I am smart enough to know where to find things if I want them.

No comments: