Monday 5 June 2006

The week (and a bit) in review...

You know how you leave something so long that you put it off too long to do it justice? This is one of those times. I've got about 10 days to catch up on; 10 days where lots happened, and yet, I can't capture it, do it justice. Grrr.

Animals
Glen dropped the animals off to the boarding kennels. This was such a sad affair and we spent the week missing them, wishing the week would pass quickly. The boarding kennels were a bit disappointing, after such a promising song and dance they performed. When I phoned, they were emotionless, wouldn't tell me how the animals were and were very unhelpful. So, I expect we may not bother with them again. Honestly, who tells you your animals are 'fine' when you ask how they are etc. And who tells you 'Oh, we haven't bothered' when you asked whether they had paired your dog up with another (one of their big selling speils upon inspecting the kennels). Stupid fucks.

Work
This did not go well. Because we were staying with a friend who began work at an earlier time, I asked my manager if I could also start early and finish early. My theory was reasonable - who's going to really be a shit about my hours when I was leaving and therefore not really expected to do heaps of work? My manager would be that shit. She gave me such a hard time, to the point where every morning, she would call me dead on 8am and call at 4.00pm to make sure I hadn't left early. Such a bitch. By mid last week, I decided I'd had enough and stopped answering her calls and stopped giving a shit about what she said. I documented everything and at the end of my tenure, I submitted a rather lenghty exit interview document, explaining my anger.

Right up until my last day, she was demanding I complete work and was shocked when my colleague told her I had not done things - as if I was doing any work after my farewell lunch? Yeh right. I've never known a manager like that, though the previous manager was god-awful in many other ways. I feel sure neither would have liked each other.

House
We moved back into the house on Friday night. The house looks terrific and shortly (when I can locate my cable) I shall upload some photos :) We are slowly unpacking and living in shit until then. The new kitchen (in it's natural flattened form) arrived this morning and is currently stacked up in the garage. We have managed to pull the wall tiles off in the kitchen, the wall cupboards are now gone and the exhaust fan is gone. Glen has patched the holes in the walls and tomorrow, god knows what we'll do. Glen's hoping that by the time he goes away in mid July, the kitchen will be ready - har har!

New Job
I am currently gainfully unemployed. I begin work on like the 14th June, so I have a few days left. I am feeling pretty good about it. It's like getting the band back together working for my old manager. It feels familiar, like I never left. I am under no delusions about what to expect. I know it will be hard work and that I won't be getting any favours. Looking forward to working in the CBD again. yay for life! Just have to organise my scooter again and make sure it's all kosher.

Family
We learned late last week that Glen's uncle Ron passed away suddenly and unexpectedly. This sort of thing makes you appreciate the things you have and puts perspective on the things you have. I think it was his last uncle alive on his dad's side, which is very sad and another piece of 'history' is lost.

Anyway, that's it. I had a whinge, I've recounted and I've recorded. Sorry it took me so long, it's just hard to get into the rhythm again.

2 comments:

Di Gallagher said...

It's disapointing to hear your kennel experience wasn't so nice. It's not a busy time of year for kennels and they may well might not have had a dog appropriate to match with Clio, though it would have been nice if they could have explained that to you. But matching up is over-rated anyway, as the reason most of them do it is because of space, not because they want the dog to 'have a nice time'. I used to match labs with labs, spaniels with spaniels, etc. It was a fool proof way to be sure the dogs spoke the same 'lanuage'!

Di Gallagher said...

language

how terribly me to spell the word language wrong...