Thursday 9 February 2006

Recapping...

The last few days have been really stressful and busy. My manager has been in town and thus, everything runs at an hundred miles an hour. Thank god, she's gone back home now. And I will preface this line of thinking by saying she's a fantastic manager, but one who is very work focussed and seems to have a thought processor much like that of a Pentium 4 machine! Anyway, my brain and energy are both sapped and I have that glorious fatigued feeling and my eyes are burning their way through my skull! *laugh* Nothing that a good night's sleep won't fix.

************************************************************************

I have a set top box full of stuff we've recorded from TV this week. With the rating season back on, it seems like it is working overtime! So, I am struggling to keep up! We have Lost, Medium, Desperate Housewives, Judging Amy and whatever else I'm recording!! There are also shows like The 4400 and ER which the TV stations don't seem to be advertising. It's as if they don't want to draw attention to it, so that they've got a great excuse for pulling it off the air when it doesn't rate well. Either that, or they've spent all their advertising money on promoting TV shows which have no interest for me! Stupid networks.

************************************************************************

Not long until the house stuff starts to set in motion. We haven't any confirmation about the tenants moving out. In fact, our lousy agent hasn't contacted us at all. This is pretty standard for this agent. Made nice whilst trying to woo us, and then dumped us like a bag of potatoes. Having said that, I'll be harassing his fat arse early next week - tenants are due to leave 17th. I'm not really sure what to do about the situation, as it's a fine line for us. The tenants are difficult and the agent has fucked up, so there's potential for the tenant to ignore the order and stay at the house after the Notice to Vacate date. This is a sticking point for me and one which causes great stress and panic for me. Unfortunately, it's out of my control, but it's also going to affect everything I have finely controlled. Anyway, I'm doing my best to enjoy the positive parts of our house purchase/move.

On an end note, I know I owe a lot of people return emails. It's been hard to stay on top of work, maintain a relaxed homelife whilst packing and trying to fit in sleep. I'll try to respond to emails on the weekend, so please be patient. Tomorrow is 14 days and I guess it's just going to get busier and I'm going to be updating less.

No comments: