Monday 28 August 2006

Progress for the Impatient...

We've had a hugely busy weekend, but very productive. Finally, finally the sink has been stuck in - literally. Glen got the silicone glue gun out and stuck that sucker right into its big fat hole! Yay! The cooktop has been plonked into its hole, newly created for it on the weekend. Whilst I was sleeping last night, it was magically stuck in place by the cooktop-sticky-fairy! Amazing! Plus, the oven has been sat in its hole, but is not quite secured. However, it is working and lovely bright red numerals light its display.

All is right with the world - almost :)

It's Monday night here, so on Wednesday, Mr Plumber Man will be visiting us in our lovely house to install the mixer tap, connect the gas to the cooktop, connect the dishwasher and fix up the trap under the sink. Yay! Hopefully by the weekend, we'll be cooking on the cooktop and baking in the oven, plus cleaning all the dishes in the dishwasher!

In other news, I had my talent discussion today. Basically a review of where I want to be, what I see my strength as and what I think I need to get to the next level. My boss, whom I have worked with before seems to have great confidence in my abilities (he's good for the old ego!), so it was quite shocking to hear him say that he couldn't see anyone more perfect for his role than me, ie: when he moved on, he wanted me to replace him. This is a great hononur, but what is more pleasing is to know his manager holds me in high regard and sees me as the next manager of the team. :) Very pleasing. Anyway, my manager basically said that he would undertake to give me more work to do - more of his work every now and then, to get me familiar with his role and he would take more time to mentor me. So, the glass ceiling isn't as close as I thought it would be.

Anyway, still a very tired chicken here. So, off to have my evening shower and prepare for bed. Yes, I am a nanna.

No comments: