Thursday 24 August 2006

Developments...

A few things.

I seem to have been converted over to the new Beta Blogger. Hopefully I like it. It's not like I am used to, so I guess that sucks a bit, but shit happens.

Secondly, and it's not an afterthought, I've just been avoiding talking about it because I haven't really known what to say. I seem to have been tired a lot recently. I mean, I am talkin a few months. I've been weary, grumpy, tired and generally fatigued. It culminated last week with my vomitting episode and two days away from work. I got blood tests, yadda yadda and yesterday, went to the doctor to get the results. My kidneys and liver are fine. My thyroid is fine. My iron levels are fine. Etc etc. The test for Glandular Fever came back inconclusive. Yeh, I know. doctor said that she wanted another test, but suspects that I've either had Glandular, or have it.

So, I'm taking it easy. Or trying to. I'm going to bed earlier and my boss has been very understanding when I feel like falling asleep at my desk in the afternoons. I hope it passes. It sucks and I'm not the type of person who usually gets sick. It's just not me. But I have no one to blame but myself. I should have been taking care of myself. I should have been sleeping more. I should have been eating better - fruit and vegetables. So, I'm on the road to eating better, sleeping more and being nicer to myself.

In the meantime, this is Grumpy Sam, signing off.

4 comments:

Margie (and Fae) said...

I'm not sure what Glandular is, so I hope you get over it quickly!

suburbanhen said...

Don't you think it's kind of cool that you get to be the Beta tester, though?

Sam said...

Yes, but I don't think I am that special ;) I would say most bloggers now have access, right?

suburbanhen said...

No, most bloggers do not have access. You mob are the guinea picgs until it's just so.