Wednesday 9 August 2006

Changes...

I'm still around, just finding it hard to find the groove, you know? When things are up in the air at home, with no real kitchen and everything boxed up, it's really hard to maintain stability and normalcy. I need routine and order and without that, I am lost.

On the kitchen front, Glen and I made a commitment to get stuck into it this weekend and try to get some major things done, like the hole for the sink cut etc. It doesn't help that he'll be working most of Sunday for open day, but the overtime money will be very useful. Also, I spoke to the shop today and our oven package has all bar the rangehood, arrived at the store. Once that happens, they'll make arrangements for it to be delivered. Yay! When I get paid in a week or so, we'll get the dishwasher. God knows how long it'll take to get the plumber out. Grrr. If anyone knows of a good plumber in Melbourne, please let me know.

Have been trying to make changes to my life, including trying to eat better by limiting my carb intake and getting back to the gym. I've managed to get to the gym yesterday and today, but am not going tomorrow, as I'm coming down with a cold! Argh. Just not fair. I was looking into getting a personal trainer to keep me motivated, but with this cold, I don't think it's worthwhile yet. My boss has been very supportive and I've been able to get to the gym during non-peak times.

You know what I found at the gym? None of the girls in the change rooms have any modesty. Today, for example I walked into the change room and like always, I got my gym gear together and toddled off to the toilets to get into my clothes. When I came back to put my work clothes in my locker, I saw a small woman run to from the change rooms to the showers, wearing nothing but a t-shirt. My view was of a bare bum bobbing up the ramp to the showers. Later, whilst walking up the showers for my own shower, I was given an eyeful of frontal exposure of another t-shirt-only wearing gym-dweller. It was more than my poor eyes could take.

Don't people have any measure of modesty these days? I know I'm not an oil painting when naked, and I never have been - even as a teen and young adult, but even if I was trim and taunt, I still don't think I would bounce around in a semi-public forum. So tell me blog-world, do you as a female have a tendency to bounce around semi-naked in front of others you do not know? Is this something you are comfortable with? Because, I tell ya, I sure as hell don't like the idea of showing the world what's 'downstairs'! There's only one person in my life who's privy to viewing me in all my nakedness!

Anyway, that's my week so far. Right now I am feeling rather tired and fatigued, so am going to have a lovely hot shower and hop into bed.

Take care everyone.

No comments: