Monday 11 September 2006

Idle Songs...

Hello, my name is Samantha and I'm a self-confessed Australian Idol fool.

No seriously, I'm an idiot. I know that. I accept it though. I have made my peace with it. I know that every Sunday night, I have no social life, I make sure that dinner is over and done with by the time it starts. I know that Monday morning, before any work begins, the Idol banter begins, "Who did you like?", "Who are your top 3?" and "Who do you think will go?". The conversation goes like this for 10 minutes before I think about switching my machine on and actually doing some work. Yeh, that's what I am paid for!

Tonight was the first elimination. It was to be expected, but you know, I'm losing interest. It's too formulamatic. Too predictable. Too boring. And yet, I still watch it. Foolishly, you might say!

So, who's going to venture a guess as to who will win this year? The baldy-rock dude? The pretty centrefold boy? The opera-come-contemporary female singer? The Irish dude with the twinkle in his eye? The country chick? The little girl who is more reminiscent of a deer caught in the light of a car than a singer? The dude who reminds you of Maurice Gibb?

I promise, this will be the last time I shall discuss Idol. I am finding myself boring. I dare not re-read this entry for fear of becoming embarassed by my unashamed devotion to the idol-order.

Woe is me.

No comments: