Tuesday 19 September 2006

Final Countdown...

I have been shit at updating my other blog - It's My Final Countdown. And, as such, it's quite defunct. It's impossible for me to update this site and that site. My life is just a bit too full for me to bother, plus there are things I am foresaking, so it's best I stick with this one and be done with it.

I had my first personal training session today. The good part is, I like my trainer. He's nice, he's shorter, which is just not right, but he's very mindful of all my little idiosyncracies, which is nice. It was quite amusing actually; he asked me what issues I had, so I sat there and said, "Um, I've got a dodgy knee from an old tennis injury back at uni when I tore the muscle and I tore two of the three ligaments in my ankle last year." He noted all of this done an started to talk about the training regime when I interrupted him, "Hang on, I'm not done!" He blinked. I said, "I have muscle compartment syndrome in my legs, I have some back issues, migraines and neck/back tension/muscle spasms, plus there's a family history of blood clots." I stopped. He blinked and then got his stylus out (yes, he was using a PDA!) and he started scribbling. I sat there, wondering whether I sounded more like an hypochondriac, than someone who was merely well-informed about her health? He became educated, "What other issues do you have?" I blinked and said, "Isn't that enough?" We laughed. Very amusing.

We had a good session. It was kinda like a complimentary session, a getting to know you session. I got to know my muscles. Quite well. I also got a lovely headache. I still have that headache. I am about to go have a shower with some nice hot water. I have a feeling this headache is gonna be one of those, so I need to treat it with everything I've got :(

Btw, it's raining outside. Check the radar for Melbourne. It's awesome. I love it. I hate riding in it.

No comments: