Saturday 19 November 2005

Recap...

I've been meaning to update for a while now, but this week has been so weird and unusual.

I'll try to recap in order. Sunday night, Glen and I saw our friend Damien and organised our loan preapproval for our house. It was faxed on Monday morning to the bank. It was a little bit of a late night because of it, so I figured my sickness the next day was nothing too weird. I had a raging headache and felt like I was going to run into walls. But, I really didn't feel as bad as you would feel, if you had a middle ear infection. But I stayed home and slept til midday and then slothed around for the rest of the day. I still didn't feel fabulous, but the headache was subsiding. It was weird, because every time I stopped moving, particularly laid down in bed, I felt the headache bounce back immediately. I realised I had been feeling like this since the week before and I remembered that I felt dizzy and weird since Thursday night. I remember that night, the room was spinning when I went to bed. However, I'd had a really long week at work, working long hours, so I didn't think much of it. Plus, I had the Friday off, so I had time to sleep in and relax.

Anyway, when I woke up Tuesday morning and the room was spinning still and I still had my headache, I made an appointment with the doctor and struggled to work. I had to book in with a different doctor. She was nice and kooky, in an ecentric sort of way. She surmised that I had a sinus infection. Then she checked my ears and said to me that no wonder I couldn't hear, because my ears were blocked. I looked at her weirdly and said, "I can hear, I never said I couldn't hear?!". She looked at me strangely and said that my ears were so infected that I shouldn't be able to hear and I should be in screaming paid. Funny thing is, I had absolutely no pain in my ears. Anyway, I've got an middle ear and sinus infection, all at once. So, I have some kick ass antibiotics! Woo! It's Saturday now and I'm starting to feel better.

The rest of week was a blur. Wednesday night, I was privileged to see my friend Margie become an Australian. Margie has been living in Australia with her partner for about seven years, so it's about bloody time! Anyways, I have about 2-3 photos on my flicker page, so go peer. The one thing I noticed about the swearing in ceremony is that there were a lot of different cultures and a lot of people from different countries, who wanted to become Australians. It was really fabulous to see the pride and emotion that came from these people, to see whole families pump their fists in the air, once they received their citizenship.

The rest of the week was fairly busy, with my manager down from BrisVegas for a couple of days for my performance review - I completed my three months with my new job a couple of weeks ago and I have been given a very positive review, even exceeding expectation in some areas. Yay!

Now, onto the highlight of my week - if it's possible!! Today, Glen and I saw two houses that we were interested in. We had seen one twice before and were umming and ahhing about it. The second one, we had seen a long time ago, when the price was out of our field and we didn't really like it too much - I think we had high expectations of the house we would buy! So, today we went back into this second house and liked what we saw, so much so, that we'll be making an offer on it on Monday. It's already in our price range, but we're going to try and cut the price down a little more. We will need to replace the kitchen at some point and probably put up a front fence on it, so will be hoping to cut the price because of this. Otherwise, the house is quite nice and cosy. Both Glen and I can see ourselves living there. So, stay tuned, as we're hoping to have some positive news later in the week :)

Alright. Time to go. Have a great week everyone :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope your health improves Sam. Fingers crossed for the good new too!