Monday 21 November 2005

Break out the champagne...

Today has been one of those days. Couldn't get myself motivated to work, organised the agent for our appointment on Wednesday night to sign our offer for the house and got news back from the bank that we have received preapproval for our home LOAN!! Yay! Glen brought champagne home and we are sitting here like old people after two glasses, all dizzy and tired! Go figure! When I got the news this afternoon, I was bouncing for joy and then I realised the enormity - we'll be in debt for the rest of our working life basically. But it's not a bad thing, we'll be able to own our own home. It's a nest egg and it's the stability I've been craving. When I spoke to the agent, we agreed on a February 4 settlement date, so fingers crossed. That's ten weeks away! ARGH!!! When you put it like that, it seem so close :)

So, that's been my day. Aside from that, today marked my first day without restriction on my motorcycle licence. Theoretically, I can go buy a 900cc motorbike, but I won't! But it's good to know, I guess.

Anyway, Wednesday night is D, er D-night. I'm hoping the negotiations don't take too long. We're serious about this property, but we won't be paying more than it's worth.

Incidentally, I'm not hexing it, so I won't be uploading photos until the deed is done. I hope you understand.

Just on a final note, watching Glen play peak-a-boo with a 9-month old black labrador is a bit weird for me. What's weirder is, she is enjoying it. Goofy dog.

No comments: