Monday 6 November 2006

Should I stay or should I go...

...If I go there will be trouble
An if I stay it will be double
So come on and let me know ...

I am dilemmarising. I want a blog that offers password protection and so far, my enquiries with blogger have not given me the response I want. I have opened an account with a rival blogging party, but I am torn by the fact that it is both slow to use, and a hassle to move my blog, yet again.

So, please inform me people. What shoudl I do? I really want to write some private posts, where only certain people can read. I know that some people might be offended when I don't give them the password, but I need to be myself and I need to be open and honest in my own way.

So yeh, please give me advice. If I do move, it'll be a work in progress and it might mean having two blogs open at once whilst I get my shit together.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you know how I feel about this! I feel so much better being able to "post what I want!"

Anonymous said...

Why not do both? Keep your blog here as your main one, but if you need to journal about something personal, post it at your secret blog. Give only a few people the address and away you go. That way you can keep most of the stuff here, won't have to go through the hassle of moving etc., but can still keep some thoughts from the general public.

Anonymous said...

I tried the password-protecting thing, and it didn't work for me. I totally censor myself now, which sucks. Blah.

Anyway, I've got MT installed if you want an account and want to play around. I know there's a way to set it up so that individual posts are protected, but I'm not sure how to do it. I can password-protect an entire directory, if you want to do that.

Either way, let me know.