Sunday 23 October 2005

Things just aren't the same...

I wish I had the words today, but I don't. Actually, I haven't had the words for a while now. Maybe my real job has worn me out of words. No, seriously I've been writing, editing, proofing, cutting and generally screaming out in pain at the amount of words I've had to read and conjure up. We're busy at work, we're in the midst of a busy period and without saying a lot, it's going to be a tiring period for us until mid December. There will be small breaks in between which I will be gratefully looking forward to, but in the meantime, there may be times where I am quiet. Forgive me, but when you are creative all day with words, sometimes words fail you when you want to write something personal.

My weekend has been productive, busy and most importantly, FUNDS-sucking! We went out to Dandenong yesterday to the Diana Ferr@ri store, because I had a blow out with my black work shoes last week. I couldn't find a pair of shoes to save my fat ass. I swear. There were navy pairs and there were red pairs, but there wasn't a pair of black shoes that I loved! So, I walked out dejected and irritated.

Thereafter, it was a blur. We buy our dog mince in bulk. We get it from a place in Tullamarine and it was a drive and a half for us! 160kg of meat later (60kg was ours!) and we were home. However, we had to divide the meat up into meal servings for Clio to consume later. Fortunately, we did it outside in the courtyard, with the dogs salivating, hoping for a tiny morsel. I say fortunately, because nothing can be done outside in Melbourne without the friggin' skies opening up and dropping a nice deluge of heavy rain on our heads. Of course, when we were done, the rain was also done. Oh well.

So, even though last night we were meant to go see Serenity at the cinema, we sat on our buts and watched tv, vegetated and went to bed.

This morning, I woke up with a headache. I wake up with a lot of headaches. In fact, I seem to develop headaches when I stop moving during the day. LIke today when I sat down on the lounge to watch a bit of mindless tv - a headache started developing and it's persisitng even now.

Anyway, this morning we went to dog training. We have been struggling with this dog training group for a while. We have suffered the joys of living through about 4 different dog trainers who didnt have a clue what we had done the previous week, spent their time reliving the week before wiuthout moving on and most importantly, we hugely inconsistent. One lot said that to pass, we had to get Clio to sit, drop and recall. I took this at face value and followed blindly. I didnt check the booklet (not that it helped, I have since checked). Then another trainer took over and suddenly to graduate, we had to sit, recall and stand. Yeh friggin' great, considering my dog didn't know stand from her ass!! So, we were madly trying to get her to do the stand. She suddenly started to understand stand the later half of this week and today, we used treats to bribe her. The trainer was happy enough with that. So, all that was left to do was the sit and recall. She made an example of me and asked me to show the class the recall. Argh! Anyone who knows me, knows I hate being the centre of attention. Suddenly, I had about 12-15 pairs of eyes on me - and no, this didn't count dogs' eyes! I was petrified. I hated it. But Clio was such a bloody legend and she responded to me calling her name EVERY time I asked her to come! So, we passed!!!!

Next week, we get an extra hour sleep in and start training at 11am! You've no idea how good this is for a person who LOVES to sleep in on a Sunday!! I hate waking up at 8am on a Sunday. It sucks!! So, I get an extra hour and then it gets taken away from me because Daylight Savings is coming soon!!

Before I go to have a shower (because dog slobbered on me), I wanted to say --- 17 days left! What does it mean? It means, that's how many days is left before I finish my probation at work and get to apply for a home loan with Glen! This means we'll be out on the real estate circuit, being dismayed and frustrated! But we'll be out there, not jsut treading water. So excited :)

Last thing. I know I said the last thing was the last thing, but this is the last thing.

Tomorow I go in for a bloody test. This will be checking for both types of diabetes, cholesterol and thyroid problems. Part of me hopes that I've got a thyroid problem, because I can't seem to shed any weight and it's frustrating. None of me wants to have diabetes. Fingers crossed. I should get my test results on Tuesday. Stay tuned.

Have a great week folks. I'll be around and will try to post some pictures on flicker that I took last week.

Hint for the week: Christmas isn't far away! Start your christmas shopping! You'll thank me mid December when you sit smugly listening to your work colleagues whinge and moan about having to brave the christmas crowds to purchase presents!! Atleast make a start, it'll be so much easier on the bank balance!!

2 comments:

Di Gallagher said...

I feel compelled to comment so that you are aware that updates to these pages are indeed appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Good luck for tomorrow and Tuesday!! Fingers crossed it's all the news you want to hear :)