Tuesday 21 June 2005

Another useless update....

I know I have been slack in updating. Truth be told, I don't have much to blog about, or just can't be stuffed right now. What does that say about me? That I can be only stuffed to blog when I am working? Actually, who knows what it means, and really, who cares?

I'm onto my second week of holidays. I return tomorrow week to work and I must say, I am not looking forward to waking up next Wednesday morning and realising reality has hit. I could become depressed about the whole situation really. I just hope this other job comes through, because once you start to dream of a better life etc and you can see it staring you in the face, it is hard to go back to the cold, harsh reality that is my crappy job.

In other news, I have been plagued (literally!) by a persistant cough for the last 4-5 weeks. It has been aggravating, but not enough to go see the doctor. Ok, so it must have been, because I saw the doctor today and explained to him the symptoms. I was all ready for him (someone I had never meet before) to tell me to grow up, go home and drink some cough medicine. Instead, he listened to my breathing, looked at my throat and ears and asked me some family history questions - it was all quite interesting and I felt like he was takiung me seriously - surprise! Anyways, when I told him I had had pneumonia as a kid and was placed in hospital for about a week, he raised his eyebrows and gave me that look that says, "Now, it aaaalll becomes clear!". I was informed that it was either an atypical throat/wind pipe infection or, get this, whooping cough! Apparently people my age and I don't mind admitting, I am 29, are predisposed to whooping cough, despite the fact that we were vaccinated as kids. Apparently we can get it just after our teens because it would appear the vaccination wears off. Which is why teens are now getting a booster shot and I suppose, I never did. So, I am on a nice strong course of antibiotics for the next 5 days. Hurrah! I kinda feel better to know I wasn't just being a wuss!

Clio has been a good puppy the last few days. We took her out yesterday for coffee and hot chips - well, we had coffee and hot chips, she had the pleasure of looking imploringly at every stranger who walked past and giving them that look that says, "Please take me home with you, she doesn't feed me and I am unloved. Ok, well at least pat me??". She had a good time, I think. So, the little girl was plum tuckered out by the time we brought her inside last night. She promptly fell asleep on the floor and as Glen and I were watching TV, she started to make this horrendous noise that kinda sounded like she was having a fit! Hrm. Glen went down to her and put his hand on her head and called her name - to any other normal dog, it would wake them up, she continued until I pushed her really hard and she sat bolt upright in her stupified "I've just woken up" manner, looking confused. It must have been some puppy nightmare! Her legs were kicking out everywhere and she was making weird grunting noises. Gave us a heart attack, considering we are concerned that she is a bit of a faulty dog with all the ills she's had thus far.

Anyways, my little story about her today is this. I came to the door to see Zeus, I guess, talking to her and she had bought him a present - a half eaten piece of fruit which had fallen from one of the trees in our back yard. We are unsure what type of fruit it is and because of this, we have never picked the fruit. Clio had obviously enjoyed the taste, but had decided to give the other half to Zeus. However, I guess Zeus is just not a fruit eater. But he was happy to sit on the other side of the door and talk to her.

Alright. I might go do some long overdue filing, or I might just go play Warcraft!

No comments: