Wednesday 7 December 2005

Und update...

Yes, my diary entries are sporadic, at best I humbly apologise, but then, I often get the impression that no one's really reading.

Anyway, my week in bullet points:

  • We have handed over our cheque to the agent - so, now we're basically home owners. Settlement is end of February and we've been sent confirmation that the nasty tenants have been given notice. We had an issue late last week where we realised the agent had ticked the wrong option on the contract - the one which says "vacant possession"/"rental receipts". The agent ticked the latter. Obviously, we are seeking to live in the house and the agent knew this, but the moron reckons that's how they do it. My conveyancer hit the roof, told him he was a fool and set about trying to get confirmation that the vendor had issued notice to the tenant. We have received it, so we're covered.
  • Clio has had a whole mess of "little girl" problems. Basically her bits haven't grown as she has grown. So, we've seen a few vets, the last one was so patronising, that I wanted to slap him! None of these vets wanted to desex her, stating that she had to have a season before they would. However, we saw a friend's vet who was so lovely and had such common sense, that he has volunteered to desex her because he doesn't see it as being an issue. So, she's booked in for Friday morning for the big snip snip!! The vet basically said it's a common condition, she's not suffering and desexing her won't be an issue. The only issue in the future could be dermatitis, because she has such a build up of folds of skin around her little girl bits! Hard to convey, but you get my drift.
  • My friend Margie is leaving Australia next Tuesday, so we're catching up one last time on the weekend for a movie and dinner. I will miss having her around, but am excited for her as she sets off on her new journey over to Stockholm.
  • We're in non-ratings period on TV, so I am suffering!! I've been watching a lot of rental movies (I have a hankering for Cocktail this weekend!) and hanging out, cleaning etc. exciting, I know.
  • We bought a christmas tree! I shall take some photos this weekend and put them on flicker. It's our first tree as a couple, which sounds a bit odd, but when you've spent the last 5 years traveling from one in-laws to the other, it gets a bit old. Suffice to say, some of the in-laws are far from pleased that we won't be seeing them, but tough shit, I say!
Ok, tired of the bullet points. My wisdom tooth is acting up and I need to gargle some listeri-ne. grr.
Btw, not feeling the love for the christmas card exchange. So far, Sonnet and Verbs are the only ones who've responded! Also, Buzzaroni and I are exchanging, god love her!

2 comments:

Di Gallagher said...

Wow, you must have seen some really crap vets up until this point. De-sexing doesn't have to be done after their first season and any vet that suggests this is either 1) Living in the dark ages or 2) Got the old anesthetic equiptment that isn't really that safe to use on critters under a certain age.
It's quite safe, using the right gas, to de-sex and animal at 8 weeks!
Perhaps they lack confidance in their own ability?

Anonymous said...

i sent you a card anyway! :D (i don't mind if i get stuff at christmas time, i just like giving)

-fractal