Saturday 17 December 2005

Plead the 5th...

Blergh. Ok, firstly sorry for the silence. It's just getting a bit crazy here with all the Christmasy things happening, the busyiness of work etc. So, secondly sorry to anyone who is waiting for my Christmas card to arrive. I just didn't get the chance. Really sorry :( I'm making it up to you guys.

My reasons a kind of silly. A combination of really sore wisdom teeth, a dental appointment which went ary, work peaking on Wednesday and then many functions at work etc.

To top it all off, my dream job came up in another department at work, and I have been experiencing hert palpatations, wondering how I was going to break the news to my boss that I might be possibly interested in putting my hand up. Can anyone say, "Barely through my 3 month probation"? Hrm. So, the conversation went ok, my boss is a little upset and possibly annoyed at me, but I took the plunge regardless and sent my application in. You see, I didn't go looking for this job. I was happy to sit where I was. I was looking forward to the challenges of next year. However, a colleague approached me and asked if I would be interested. It's a field I wasn't able to get into before because no one would take me. You see, many didn't see my skills as easily transferable. This person does and convinced me to give it a go. We'll see. It's not like I am losing my sleep over it. In fact, it's quite the opposite. I might cry if I get it, for I will be leaving a fantastic team of people.

Anyway. I'm really sorry for being quiet, but I suspect that the time until Christmas will be a bit crazy for me. I'm so looking forward to my days off. Bring on Christmas!

PS: My dental appointment was extremely annoying. Picture a dentist who has a thick swedish accent, barely audible in normal circumstances and ridiculous behind a mask. The dental nurse was translating for me and all I knew at the end of the torture was that "You had 3 holes in your teeth. You got good teeth!". Hrm. Turns out he'd drilled a huge gap in one of my molers, so it's likely that if I bite into something hard on that tooth, the thin piece created will snap off. Hrm. I'm just hoping that I'm overreacting and that in fact, he's a good dentist who knows EXACTLY what he is doing. Hrm.

The washing is ready. Bye guys. Email me! It seems I am fairing much better at that than updating this page.

No comments: